Chris Brown Arrested In France, Accused Of Rape

Adjust Comment Print

U.S. singer Chris Brown and two other people are in custody in Paris after a woman filed a rape complaint, French officials say.

French authorities released the "Ayo" singer on Tuesday evening following his arrest for an alleged rape and drug case in Paris.

She has told police she met him in a nightclub near the Champs-Elysees avenue before agreeing to join other women who went back to his hotel, which is on the glitzy boutique-lined Rue du Faubourg Saint-Honore.

Chris - who has four-year-old daughter Royalty from a past relationship - shared a photo on Instagram which read "This B**** Lyin' " and added the caption: "I WANNA MAKE IT PERFECTLY CLEAR".

The alleged victim of Chris Brown said the singer sexually assaulted her in a dressing room for about a half an hour, describing it as "brutal and violent", it was reported.

In 2016, he was arrested on suspicion of asault with a deadly weapon after a woman said he'd threatened her with a gun, but he was later released without charge.

As per reports, Chris Brown, who is now in Paris got detained by the police there, after a woman accused him of rape and drug offences.

The 29-year-old was arrested in Paris on Monday, say French police officials.

In July of past year, Brown was arrested in West Palm Beach, Florida, on a felony battery warrant, according to multiple news reports.

Chris Brown last week in Paris.

The news outlet went on to reveal that the young woman accused Brown's bodyguard and friend of sexual assault as well. The Paris prosecutor's office said the investigation is ongoing.

Brown's lawyer and record label, RCA, have not responded to requests for comment.

"It's still too hard for me to explain in detail what he did to me, but it was brutal and violent".

Raphael Chiche, the singer's attorney, said his client "vigorously protests his innocence" and has directed him to file a complaint due to the "slander of which he has unfairly been the subject". He completed probation in 2015.

Brown and two other men were detained on Monday and are still in custody as police investigate the claims.

He was arrested and released on bail a year ago after being accused of assaulting a photographer in April 2017.