Mac Miller Died From Overdose Involving Fentanyl, Coroner Finds

Adjust Comment Print

A coroner has ruled Pittsburgh rapper Mac Miller's death an accidental overdose due to a combination of drugs and alcohol. It is being reported that the mix of all three drugs, not the amount of each, triggered his cardiac arrest.

The publication reports a coroner categorised it as an accidental overdose.


In September, Miller, 26, was found unresponsive in his home in Studio City, California. Loose prescription pills were also found in the room. However, he admitted that Miller, who had a history of drug addiction, was known to abuse "alcohol, non-prescribed medication (specifically Xanax and unspecified opiates), and cocaine". TMZ reports that the assistant described him during the 911 call as being "blue". A rolled up $20 bill with white powdery residue was also found in his right pocket.

An estimated 200 people die of overdoses every day, according to the US Drug Enforcement Administration.


Mac Miller, real name Malcom James McCormick, died earlier this year. The concert included performances by Anderson.Paak, ScHoolboy Q, Alchemist, Action Bronson, Vince Staples, Chance The Rapper, Earl Sweatshirt, SZA, Travis Scott, Ty Dolla Sign, John Mayer, and Swimming collaborator, Thundercat. Days before his death, there were reports that he had broken up with his girlfriend, the singer Ariana Grande.

The singer Prince had taken fentanyl before his death in 2016.


Comments