Kevin Spacey, Anthony Anderson and Steven Seagal escape sex crimes charges

Adjust Comment Print

Los Angeles prosecutors said on Tuesday they did not plan to file sexual assault charges in three separate cases targeting actors Kevin Spacey, Steven Seagal and Anthony Anderson. "The allegation is outside the statute of limitations, therefore, an analysis of the strengths and weaknesses of the evidence is not warranted and prosecution is declined".

Kevin Spacey will not be prosecuted for an allegation of sexual assault dating back to 1992.

Prosecutors are reviewing a second case involving the 59-year-old that includes allegations he attacked a man in Malibu in October 2016.

The statute of limitations reportedly passed in the Spacey and Seagal cases, whereas Anderson's alleged victim "refused to cooperate with investigators", according to Variety.


Spacey is being investigated in the United Kingdom for six sexual assault claims over 22 years.

The woman who field the complaint first met the host of To Tell The Truth while she was working as a caterer at an event he threw over a year ago, a source close to the matter told The Blast in July.

Seagal has denied the accusations against him.

The District Attorney's office also said it would not charge actor Steven Seagal and television comedy star Anthony Anderson over two other sexual assault accusations. However, the LA district attorney's office decided not to file charges after she "declined to be interviewed by the investigating officer".


In October, actor Anthony Rapp said that in 1986, when Rapp was 14, Spacey made sexual advances toward him in a hotel room.

Spacey and Seagal are facing potential charges in other cases now under investigation.

After Rapp made his allegation, Spacey issued a statement saying he did not remember the encounter but apologised for "deeply inappropriate drunken behaviour".

Earlier this year, Regina Simons, an extra who appeared in Seagal's 1994 film On Deadly Ground, accused Seagal of rape after numerous women came forward with accounts of sexual misconduct.


He was also sacked from Netflix drama, House Of Cards, and erased from Ridley Scott's, All The Money In The World.

Comments