Conor McGregor leaves NY police station in handcuffs after being arrested

Adjust Comment Print

McGregor's group attacked a bus using trash cans, metal barricades and the dolly, White said. "Fighters, one of our staff, one of our security guys was punched repeatedly by guys". Earlier this week, Lobov was involved in a minor hotel scuffle with UFC lightweight Khabib Nurmagomedov, who is scheduled to fight Saturday against Max Holloway. He was apologetic about the people he wasn't trying to hurt, but he felt like the Khabib thing had to be done'. Insane things happen in sports ... you're dealing with human beings with personal lives and all these other things.

Journalist Chisanga Malata took to Twitter with the image, claiming that it's Conor McGregor's booking ticket. "Obviously, the big question everybody's been asking me is, 'Are you firing Conor McGregor?'" Mr White told the broadcaster.

Two were left injured from broken glass and McGregor now faces charges of "felony criminal mischief and misdemeanor counts of assault, attempted assault, menacing and reckless endangerment", per the New York Post. "It was a real bad career move for him". He's got marks on him, for sure. Can't see him being able to beat @TheNotoriousMMA in fact I think he gets knocked clean out. Everything happened so fast.

Chiesa was taken to the hospital, White said, and later was ruled out of his scheduled fight against Anthony Pettis.

Flyweight Ray Borg suffered "multiple corneal abrasions" and will also be unable to fight.


However, of all the comments on McGregor, none have been as striking or peculiar as those made by New York State Athletic Commission executive director Kim Sumbler, who compared the fighter to murderous cult leader Charles Manson.

"What the fuck", Chiesa said in the video, as blood ran down his face. @showtimepettis I hope to run this match up ASAP. That's all I have to say for now.

The ugly scenes were condemned by UFC president Dana White, who labelled them "one of the most disgusting things that's happened in the history of the company".

Conor McGregor has been released on bail of $50,000 by a NY court.

Holloway stepped up with six days' notice but could not shed the pounds, opening the door for the 30-year-old Iaquinta to save the main event.


"Guys will say things, push, shove, grab each other".

McGregor has not fought for the UFC since late 2016.

The incident led to the cancellation of three fights, including Artem Lobov's featherweight bout with Alex Caceres. McGregor was instructed by the judge to stay away from both fighters.

McGregor last fought in a boxing match he lost to Floyd Mayweather Jr. on August 26, 2017.

Success! An email has been sent with a link to confirm list signup.


Comments